Friday, April 27, 2007

Yellow umbrella girl

I started using different programs to make my art. I used to use either straight Illustrator or straight Photoshop but recently I've been experimenting using the aforementioned two plus Painter. I like Painter for my sketches and also line work. Beats Photoshop anyday in my opinion. I use Illustrator for almost all my work. Photoshop has become an adjustment tool to correct color and add effects.

Anyway, this is a picture I started in Painter. The linework was done there. Then I uploaded it to Illustrator where I added the colored parts. Then I probably finished it in Photoshop. I liked it but it seemed a little too "cartoony" to put in my website portfolio. I dunno, I like the look of the flat colors and dark lines so I might use the technique again.

Sorry for the lame explaination about how I created this. I know some people are interested in that type of stuff (like I am).


No comments: