Thursday, June 28, 2007

When it rains...



Isn't it amazing how unpredictable life is? For the past couple of months work and life has been pretty slow and easy going.

Then this month I suddenly find myself with possibly 3 jobs and I start summer school next week! I'm excited and a little scared with the prospect of having such a busy schedule. I have had to juggle work and wedding planning last year which wasn't so bad, but having to juggle 3 jobs with equal priority.

I also welcome my return to school. I've always wanted to learn to use a manual focus camera and am thrilled that my class uses digital cameras as opposed to film. Now don't get me wrong, I admire and respect traditional photographers who still use film and develop their own prints in darkrooms but I really just want to learn how to use the camera and the different ways to compose pictures. I guess being an artist, I kind of wrinkled my nose at just pointing and clicking, having the subject smack dab in the center of the pic. I like having things off center, or the foreground out of focus or finding interesting ways to shoot my photos. Of course having a point and shoot camera doesn't really give you much opportunity to catching artistic shots.

Then in the Fall I am a full time student working towards an associate's degree in web design and interactive layout. I'm really looking forward to that. I'll be on the older side (having been graduated for over 3 years now with my BA) but I still look pretty young (except for the grey hairs).

No comments: